This pizza has an excellent flavor.
Although I usually prefer a thin and crispy crust for my
pizzas, this one works very well with a more soft, bread
style crust too.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes Serving
- 1 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 3 large sea scallops, abductor muscle
removed, sliced horizontally
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and
- dried oregano
|Click on picture
for more images.
Heat oven according to crust directions.
Melt butter in a medium non-stick sauté pan
over medium-low heat. Add flour and stir for 2
minutes. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute. Add
wine and lemon juice and reduce by half,
stirring often, about 15 minutes. Remove from
heat, stir in dill and allow to cool.
Spread cooled sauce over pizza dough. Spread
mozzarella and gruyere cheeses over the sauce.
Now top with the scallops and shrimp. Sprinkle
with dried oregano. Baked until crisp and shrimp
just turn pink.