appetizer always goes quickly at parties and gathering. You might want to make two batches
to ensure there is enough to go around.
Preparation Time: 45 Minutes Serving Size: 4
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 8 ounces crab meat, checked for shells
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven to 350°. Clean mushrooms and
remove stems. Finely chop the stems and add to heated butter in a skillet. Add onions to
the mushrooms and sauté until onions are tender. Stir in Worcestershire, salt, pepper and
crab meat. Cook 1 minute and remove from heat. Brush mushroom caps with melted butter and
fill caps with mixture. Arrange stuffed side up in baking dish and top each with cheese.
Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts.