This easy-to-make taco sauce taste very much like Taco
Bell's Fire Border sauce. Obviously you can adjust the heat to your liking.
This recipe is not too hot and the taste is simply great. Fit for drinking
by the glass.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Serving Size: 2 pints
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
|Click on picture for more images.
Whisk together the tomato paste and water in a medium sauce
pan until well blended. Add vinegar, jalapenos, chili powder,
dried minced onions, salt, cornstarch, cayenne pepper, sugar,
onion powder and garlic powder. Stir well to combine. Bring
to a boil over medium heat. Continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring
often. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Store in two airtight
pint jars in the refrigerator. Yum!