These should be larger than usual cookies. They are just simply delicious!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes Serving Size: 2 dozen 2 inch cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fresh nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups (20 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Heat oven to 375°. Sift flour into a medium bowl. Stir in baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
Cream butter and both sugars on medium speed in a stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Mix in egg and vanilla. On low speed, stir in the flour mixture until just mixed. Remove bowl from the
stand mixer and stir in oats, cranberries and nuts with a wooden spoon.
Lightly form heaping tablespoons of the cookie dough into balls and place 2 inches apart onto an
ungreased baking sheet lined with parchment paper; press down on the center slightly. Bake 9 minutes.
Cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet; remove to wire rack to cool.