Unfortunately in my hometown, Del Monte Pizza Style Chunky
Tomatoes are no longer available; however, they do offer other "flavors"
that will work. Personally I think the Pasta Style tomatoes are too sweet.
I use the ones with garlic, oregano and/or basil.
Preparation Time: 45 Minutes Serving Size: 4
- 1 12inch pizza crust
- 1 can Italian style chunky tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup Greek black olives, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
Follow directions for oven temperature according to your
crust. Brush pizza crust with Olive Oil. Spread tomatoes evenly
over the crust. Top with half of the mozzarella cheese, red
onions and the olives in that order. Crumble the feta cheese
over the olives. Now spread the other half of the mozzarella
cheese over the vegetables. Slice the fresh basil thinly and
sprinkle that and the dried oregano over the mozzarella. Bake
10 minutes directly on oven rack or until hot and bubbly. Broil
off the top if desired. Use Mama Mia's Pre-baked pizza crusts
in refrigerator case and Del Monte pizza or Italian style tomatoes.