This is a New
Orleans Cajun style remoulade. Traditional French remoulade is a lot
more mild, almost like tartar sauce. This remoulade is a wonderful sauce
fit for fried seafood, use on sandwiches or even as a vegetable dip.
Capers are an optional ingredient.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes, plus 3 or more hours sitting time
Serving Size: 2 cups
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Duke's if you can find it)
- 1/3 cup Creole mustard
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 green onions, including green part, finely minced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons capers, crushed, optional but
Whisk the mayonnaise, Creole
mustard and prepared horseradish in a medium bowl. Add paprika and cayenne
pepper and stir well to combine. Add finely minced green onion, finely
minced celery, finely minced parsley and capers (if using). Stir to combine.
Place in an air tight container and refrigerate at least 3 hours before