This makes an excellent quick and hearty dish.
Mediterranean cooking has to be one of my favorite food groups.
Preparation Time: 1 Hour Serving Size: 4
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 can pasta–style chunky tomatoes, 14 to 16 ounces
- (1) 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 10 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1/2 cup Greek black olives, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces vermicelli
Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook bacon until almost crisp over
medium heat. Add chicken and stir to brown. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce
and rosemary. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally while boiling pasta.
Add artichokes and olives to the chicken mixture and heat through. Use a
spider to strain pasta into skillet, adding pasta water if necessary to
desired consistency. Serve with crumbled Feta cheese.