Basically any green and any bean would work with this recipe. For a treat, try serving with some
crisped pancetta and use the rendered fat instead of olive oil.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Serving Size: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large or two small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- (1) 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and
stir about 1 minute. Add rinsed and drained spinach to the pan and use tongs to coat well with the oil.
As the spinach starts to wilt, sprinkle in the freshly ground nutmeg. Continue tossing the spinach for a
total of about 5 minutes. Now add rinsed and drained cannellini beans. Gently stir beans into the
spinach, taking care not to break them up. Heat for about 3 minutes more, then add chicken stock. Gently
stir and heat for about 3 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.