This is a
different kind of taste. Very clean and good! Goes well with any vegetable.
Prep Time: 1 Hour Serving Size: 4
- 4 loin pork chops, 1inch thick
- 3 slices bread, oven toasted
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
Prior to starting the stuffing mix, slowly toast 3 slices
of bread in a 150° oven until completely dry. Cut into 1/2inch cubes. Heat oven to
425º. Lightly oil 11x7x1½ inch baking pan. Cut deep pocket all the way to the bone in
each pork chop. Combine bread cubes, green onion, parsley, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, lemon
rind, orange rind, oregano and chicken broth in mediumsize bowl. Stuff each chop
with 3 tablespoons of stuffing mixture. Sprinkle chops with remaining salt and pepper.
Transfer to prepared pan. Stir together orange, lemon and lime juices and sugar in small
bowl. Drizzle mixture over pork chops. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Turning chops over halfway through cooking.